
As of late, one of the biggest parts of my life has been to begin the process for raising a support team as I head to Street Life Ministries in NYC after graduation. This is a huge undertaking, which is a little scary, but also very exciting cause I get to hang out and talk to friends and family about things that I love. After receiving a few resources from Street Life, reading a few books, gathering some logistical info, and praying for God's continual guidance and direction throughout this time, I am now setting up face-to-face meetings/convos to share with people about what Street Life does and why God has called me to be a part of what He's doing in NYC. I was at Street Life in the summer, but I've been back at school for a little more than 3 months and it just seems so easy to forget the things that happened and the relationships that I formed while there. It's sweet when I get together with someone to share because it stirs my heart even more to remember the things that took place and the ways God moved in my heart. The more I talk about it with people, the more jacked I get about it. Everyone has been so encouraging too! People have approached me and expressed their eagerness to support and others even said they would be willing to organize and facilitate a fundraiser gathering. The support from my friends has been overwhelming. It's God's responsibility to connect with people and lead them to support, but it's my responsibility to try and humbly make my needs known and to share passionately about this amazing opportunity. God has continually proven Himself to me in many ways, one of which is the fact that He has always raised the funds I have needed for everything in my life. This may be a bigger chunk of change than at other times, but He provides much more for many more so I trust that He will fill this need with His resources from His limitless supply.
Maybe these are things that everybody does, but I feel like there are 2 things which God has specifically emphasized to me as I walk with Him through this process. One is the importance of me to be praying for those who are praying for me and who are giving serious thought, prayer, and consideration about supporting. The second is the importance of being an example of giving. As God forgives those who forgive, I believe He will also give to those who give. And to be able to give is a blessing. I hope that during this time of great need in my life I will be able to obey the Lord and cheerfully give more, not so that I can primarily receive more, though I believe that's something that results, but so that I can join Christ in meeting the needs of others, which is a tremendous joy and privilege to be a part of. I imagine it will be a challenge keeping my motives for giving pure. I've heard many testimonies about people of pure intention who gave more when they were in serious need and God totally provided. I BELIEVE THEM.

Keep writing - this is it!
ReplyDelete