Thursday, July 28, 2011
Brazil 2011 - We set up for worship and drama at the town crossroads (apparently also a small garbage dump). On a hill-town favela overlooking one of the biggest churches in Brazil somebody said, “This town is considered scum by the city people. No one ever comes here and does anything like this.” It was here that we encountered many young children. Approaching two of them my friend and I asked if we could pray for them. The translator told us what the young girl said: “I want to sing Gospel music.” And the young man (he couldn’t have been more than 10 or 12) said, “I want to be a pastor.” As we prayed a simple prayer of God’s destiny for them the boy began to cry. “Is this for real?” I thought. I had never seen a person so young be so sincere and ready to live for God. That this boy was even seriously considering these things blew me away. Here he is, in the town others call “scum” – he probably has almost nothing and yet he understands that God is what matters most, that God is LIFE, and there’s no greater honor than to share that Life with others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment