Saturday, September 19, 2009
Your Grace
It’s truly undeserved. There’s nothing I’ve ever done or will do that could possibly pay You back or equalize what You’ve done for me and what you continue to do for and to me every day. You pour out favor on my life so freely and abundantly. You won’t deny me grace. Grace and mercy that I absolutely need. No you won’t deny me if I can somehow approach You respectfully and humbly, surrendering my whole self and acknowledging Your sole authority to forgive. Not that Your grace is conditional necessarily, but that there are certain things You desire of me. Would You teach me to be as You desire? And knowing that you won’t deny me, how can I keep from taking advantage of Your limitless grace? That it wouldn’t lose its meaning or weight because of how constant it is. Or how do I always approach You humbly if I know You always forgive? That I would never think You always forgive me because of how hard I’m trying or doing, but because of who You are. That Your grace would never become dull or unexciting or undesired in my life. Might the fact that You don’t resent creating me not deceive me and cause me to grow prideful. That my attitude and lifestyle would not make a mockery or shallow thing of Your life-giving grace. My mind doesn’t really know how or why You do it, but my heart knows that Your grace refreshes me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment