Monday, March 29, 2010

Donating

Our house has been open this year for people to bring clothes and shoes and such to donate to the homeless. It's been sweet because many have been able to contribute. Every week or two someone else texts or emails me and asks if we're still collecting clothes. I tell em we are and they bring over some of their belongings they feel they could do without. Some people have even come back from school breaks and brought lots of stuff that their families collectively donated. It tremendously blesses those that are poor or on the streets. God has privileged me to see the appreciation of some of those people. Some of my friends gave me clothes to take to Street LIFE last summer in NYC. There were times when we were on the streets and I saw a UD shirt or something that I knew used to belong to a certain person get given out to someone on the streets. I wish my friends could have seen those people receiving some of their specific articles of clothing. It blesses the giver too (whether we see the result of our giving or not). There is a freedom that can't be explained, but perhaps only experienced as a result of surrendering our person and resources to God's will (whether that be clothes, time, food, money, etc.). Many have experienced that this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment