Just finished the second full week here at Street Life and it's been great. Most of the stuff we do around here is about as new to me as it is to the teams coming in. The two teams we had last week were energized and willing and it was encouraging to hang with them. One team was even from Ohio and close to where I go to school at UD. Small world indeed.
My roomate let me borrow the book, "The Shack", and I just finished it (apparently everyone's read it except for me). It's one of the few books I've actually read in a long time, but it was very good. Definitely poses some interesting and refreshing images of God. It lays out specific insight and answers about God pertaining to some big-time questions that most of us have. Anyway, it was pretty powerhouse!
The outreach to Brazil is coming up soon! We leave next Wednesday (June 24 - July 7). We're all pretty jacked! I'm also very excited because the team has been practicing a drama that we'll perform on the streets called "Puppet-Master". It shows the battle between Jesus and Satan for control of our lives. Please pray for this trip. That people would see God's heart for them and turn to Him for LIFE!
Continuing to have interesting, nourishing, and Lord-orchestrated encounters on the streets. Spoke with an Asian man for about a 1/2 hour and he poured out his appreciation for the ministry and work the Lord was doing there as well as his desire to get involved in the King's work. Also got to hang out with Bob for a while and have a cup of soup with him (though he had about 4). Bob has been homeless for 2 years and has a soft heart, but like many, he's very discouraged and needs the true hope of Christ. We got to pray together. I hope I see him again.
Thank you to everyone who's interceding and protecting and blessing me and this ministry through your prayers and support.

No comments:
Post a Comment